How does Playbooks connect to Salesforce?
Playbooks is a Chrome Extension that connects to your Salesforce org using a secure OAuth 2.0 connection. The beauty of this design is that you can be signed into Playbooks & Salesforce and have the Playbooks extension open and available while browsing websites (for example: LinkedIn) while you prospect.
This video describes how a typical end user will use the Playbooks extension to maximize their time and follow a sales strategy to complete call and email tasks.
From the video above, you can see that when a prospect is added to Playbooks, the API will access the record in Salesforce and copy certain data to Playbooks. A Salesforce administrator can restrict access to sensitive data such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc, when they configure the field accessibility of the Integration User. More information about the Integration User can be found in this article.
Data transmitted between Playbooks and Salesforce is encrypted in transit using TLS 1.2. PII is limited to prospect name and contact information (phone numbers and email addresses).
How does one Playbooks extension relate to other Playbooks extensions?
You can think of each Playbook extension as its own individual CRM. As a user imports records from Salesforce into her Playbooks extension it creates a Playbooks record that can be enrolled in a Play. It's entirely possible for multiple users to add the same prospect to their Playbooks extension. See "CRM Record B" in image below, it is added to 3 different Playbooks extensions. Of course, this all depends on your Salesforce sharing model.
Ready to get started with the Playbooks Installation & Configuration?
Our Setup wizard will help guide you through the steps to setup Playbooks. You can follow along with these articles.
- Readiness checklist. Use this Ready to Launch Checklist as your companion guide during the Playbooks installation and configuration.
- Provision a Playbooks account. InsideSales just needs a few pieces of information to provision your Playbooks account.
- Install the Unmanaged Package. Step by step instructions to install the 'Playbooks basic fields and reports' Unmanaged Package.
- Connect the Integration user. Use an Integration user to connect Playbooks and Salesforce.
- Configure Email in Playbooks. Connect Playbooks and your Email Service Provider so you can send emails from Playbooks.
- Complete the Manager Onboarding Experience. Use this navigating tutorial to complete the final in-app configuration.