New Rep Features:
Account CRM Navigation Mode (Salesforce Only)For many reps, they call contacts but want to be able to view account information while making the call. With Account CRM navigation mode, when a contact is loaded in Playbooks the related account will automatically open in the CRM.
To enable the new Account CRM navigation mode:
- Open settings in Playbooks
- Click the CRM tab in settings
- Next to "Change CRM View To" select Accounts
New Desktop Notifications
Playbooks keeps you up to date as prospects respond to your emails, and informs you of any scheduled calls coming up - but it can be easy to miss those notifications if Playbooks isn't open on the screen. With this release, reps can now receive desktop notifications each time a prospect responds or a scheduled call is due.
To enable the desktop notifications:
- Open Playbooks
- Go to Settings
- On Preferences, enable "Desktop Notifications"
Note: Playbooks may ask for an additional permission upon updating that will enable desktop notifications.
New Manager Features:
Changes to Do-Not-Call & Email Opt-Out
By default, Playbooks has been blocking calls made to contacts and leads marked as Do Not Call, and blocking emails where prospects have opted out. With this release, while the default is still to have the enforcement turned on, Do Not Call and Email Opt-Out restrictions can be configured by administrators on individual teams.
To configure DNC/DNE settings:
- Edit the team in the Playbooks Manager App
- Select or unselect the desired values, press Done
A new permission system has been released, which gives administrators the ability to restrict what features are available for reps. For example, if an administrator wanted to restrict which reps can create Plays - they can alter the permission group assigned to the rep to restrict this feature.
Administrators can create permission groups from the Settings page in the Playbooks Manager App. While on Settings, click "Permission Groups" to edit permission groups or edit existing groups.
Note: All newly added users moving forward are automatically assigned to the standard "Sales Rep" permission group. To change the permission group assigned to a user, edit the user in the Playbooks team and click "Change" under the currently assigned permission.
Call Recording Restrictions
In order to align with complex state and international privacy laws, call recordings can now be restricted to record only certain area codes, countries, or record only the rep speaking on recordings.
To configure which calls are recorded,
- Go to Settings
- Click Manage Exceptions
- Follow the prompts.
Email Effectiveness Reports in CRM (Salesforce Only)
Managers and reps often want to know how their email content is performing so that they can optimize it. This is now possible through the CRM. Managers and Reps can know open rates, click rates, and reply rates, for every Play, Play Step, and Email Template used in Playbooks.
In order to access the functionality mentioned above a Salesforce admin will need to add the following fields to the Task record:
- Playbooks_Step_Email_Template_Name__c (text)
- Playbooks_Step_Email_Opened__c (boolean)
- Playbooks_Step_Email_Open_Count__c (int)
- Playbooks_Step_Email_Replied__c (boolean)
- Playbooks_Step_Email_Reply_Count__c (int)
- Playbooks_Step_Email_Link_Clicked__c (boolean)
- Playbooks_Step_Email_Link_Click_Count__c (int)
- Playbooks_Step_Email_Link_Clicked_Data__c (text)
Once these fields have been added data will start populating immediately in the tasks and reports can be constructed for all of the metrics mentioned above.
Call Monitoring Team Filter
Managers can now filter call monitoring by team, enabling managers to focus their efforts on just the teams they manage. To filter call monitoring, open call monitoring, click the gear in the top right, then select the desired teams.
Other Product Improvements
- Managers can now organize Plays with tags.
- Clicking on the green banner while on a call now opens the person record in Playbooks.
- Upon completing an import, reps are now immediately brought to the newly imported record.
- Added a hotkey combo to open and close Playbooks. Alt-A on Windows, Option-A on Mac. This can be changed in extension settings.
- Resolved an issue where users could not change wait times on duplicated Plays.
- Resolved an issue where CRM navigation mode was automatically turning off.
- Resolved an issue where Canadian numbers were not being dialed properly.
- Resolved a number of email formatting issues.Resolved an issue where Click-to-Email did not stay disabled when disabled by a rep.
- Resolved a number of issues around email template images.
- Resolved a number of issues around attachments in email templates.
- Resolved an issue where certain records could not be added to a Play.