Playbooks users have the ability to make calls directly from a record in the CRM. They will need to enable the function from their personal phone settings in the Playbooks extension.
- Login to the Playbooks extension
- Click on the Insidesales.com logo/menu button in the top left corner
- Choose settings at the bottom
- Go to the 'Phone' section on the left
- Check the box under additional settings 'Enable CRM Click-to-Call
With this setting enabled, Playbooks will scour the record for phone numbers in any field and hyperlink the number.
NOTE: Some European customers have reported that date fields and other non-phone number fields are being hyperlinked incorrectly and the numbers have been re-formatted to E.164 format.
The Playbooks product team is aware of this and formulating a solution, but as a short-term solution contact our Support Team to have that field black-listed preventing Playbooks from reformatting and adding the hyperlink.
Note: Playbooks is not supported for use in Salesforce Sales Console - Classic and therefore phone numbers will not be hyperlinked in Classic Salesforce. Lightning Sales Console is fully supported