Use Tags to organize, filter, and search email templates. There is no limit to the number of tags you can assign to an email template.
Consider using Tags that describe the audience, objective, and timeframe of the email.
Merge fields will automatically populate information from the Person into the email template. This will allow you to personalize the email templates without needing to manually edit them before sending.
Hyperlinks & Attachments
Add hyperlinks to attachments to make the email more engaging. Link clicks and attachment downloads are a better indicator of email engagement than just email opens.
(Salesforce Customers Only) Using the advanced Playbooks email tracking fields you can report in Salesforce on the click rate of the hyperlinks included in your emails.
General Email Best Practices
- Use 1-3 words: Open rate drops up to 60% with 3+ words in the subject lines
- Do not use question marks
- Be short and to the point without sounding like a used-car salesman
- Use hashtags and emojis sparingly
- Keep to 3-5 sentences
- Structure emails to look like a capital "F".
- Be strong with a clear call to action
- Use a personal picture in signature
- Include a link to public profile (LinkedIn) in your signature
- First email: modify the template slightly to personalize
- Provide context for your outreach specific to the prospect/account
- Communicate value specific to the customer